Beautiful, bold and velvety beet smoothie you will fall in love with. As a bonus, a glass of this red deliciousness will painlessly sneak in some extra veggies into your diet.
Finally a vegetable smoothie that is not green! It fascinates me how many people are reluctant to take a sip of a green smoothie simply because of its color. They are missing out on so much delicious and healthy stuff!
Anyway, they might be more willing to give a try to this velvety red-colored smoothie.
Seriously, who could say no to that? This beet smoothie is just too beautiful. It would also be perfect on a Valentine’s breakfast table! Perhaps along with some apple pancakes :)
It gets all of its boldness from only two little red beets, you won’t believe how such small things can release so much intensive red power!
Fair warning: you don’t want to get this stuff on your clothes. I personally even prefer to wear gloves while working with red beets; otherwise I’m having trouble removing the stain from my fingers. And I guess it’s not exactly sexy to walk around looking like you just murdered someone. Unless it’s Halloween of course.
- 2 small red beets, cooked and peeled
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup (250ml) filtered water, coconut water or almond milk
- optional: natural sweetener of choice (I like to add a few dates)
- optional: ¼ teaspoon cardamom or cinnamon
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend away until smooth.
- For extra thickness use frozen bananas and/or ice instead of some of the liquid.
- Smoothie in the pictures is with water, almond milk will give you a slightly lighter pink color.
View Banana Beet Smoothie’s Nutritional Information
What are you making for Valentine’s Day?
I have this chocolate cherry tart waiting in my freezer for the big day :)