Delightfully crunchy with just the right amount of chewiness, this buckwheat granola has it all. It’s incredibly good for you, totally delicious and 100% gluten-free, paleo and plant based with a nut-free option.
Store-bought granola can never hold up to the one you pull right outside your oven. Making your homemade one is incredibly simple plus you can make sure there are only wholesome ingredients involved. You can make this scrumptious and good for you granola in just 15 minutes and have your home smell like cinnamon and chocolate as a bonus.
You won’t miss the refined sugar one bit. The dates and maple syrup in it will make your sweet tooth very happy while keeping things on the healthy side. Chocolate lovers will also feel at home with this cocoa tossed treat.
I love to use this buckwheat granola as a topping for smoothies or yogurt but it works great with milk, on top of ice cream or just by itself. It makes an amazing gift too!
- 1 cup (130 g) hulled sunflower seeds
- 1 and ½ cup (200 g) whole dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (store-bought or homemade)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (165 g) buckwheat groats
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) coconut oil or another neutral tasting cooking oil*
- 3 tablespoons (60 g) maple syrup**
- 2 tablespoons (10 g) cocoa or cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 (180 Celsius) and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine the sunflower seeds, dates and vanilla in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles wet crumbs and sticks together when pressed between your fingers.
- Transfer to a large bowl and combine with the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the mixture on the prepared baking sheet and spread into and even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely.
- Break down into pieces and transfer to an airtight container or enjoy right away with milk, yogurt, on top of smoothies or just like that.
**You can also get away with 2 tablespoons, the granola will be a bit less sweet but I actually prefer it that way.
View Buckwheat Granola’s Nutritional Information
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase via these links, I earn a small commission that helps me run this blog while the price for your remains the same. Thank you so much for supporting WIN-WIN FOOD!
Download you FREE Guide to Healthy Sweeteners
Enjoy sweet treats without refined sugar! Here's all you need to know about the 20 most popular sugar alternatives.