This unbelievably refreshing kiwi spinach smoothie is my favorite breakfast or snack on a hot sunny day. It immediately cools you off and the balance of sweet and sour flavors is just perfect.
You might have noticed I’m a bit crazy about green smoothies. During the warmer part of the year, I hardly have anything else for breakfast (the occasional chia pudding or a healthy dessert-like breakfast being the only exceptions). They just fill you with so much energy and make you feel simply amazing.
It must be the insane amount of vitamins and minerals. And if you supercharge your green smoothie with some ground flax or chia seeds (aka extra omega-3s), you’ll be ready for whatever the day brings. It’s almost like some kind of nutritional magic.
This kiwi spinach smoothie is one of the most refreshing green smoothies, along with the mango orange green smoothie, and it’s a great smoothie alternative if you’re fed up with bananas. You can even throw some ice into the mix if you love your smoothies super thick and ice-cold.
Or if you just got home from the gym and NEED to cool off. Like NOW.
- 5 kiwis
- 1 medium apple
- 2 handfuls (50-60g) spinach
- 2 cups (500ml) filtered water or coconut water
- sweetener of choice if necessary
- optional: 2 tablespoons (20g) chia seeds or ground flax
- Peel and roughly chop the kiwis, core and chop the apple.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend away until smooth.
- Taste, add sweetener of choice if necessary.
View Kiwi Spinach Smoothie’s Nutritional Information
Have a nutrient-packed day!