This grain-free, paleo pie crust is ridiculously easy to make, ready in 5 minutes flat and calls for just 3 ingredients!
After sharing my ultimate favorite healthy vegan pie crust, lots of you emailed me asking about paleo-friendly, oil-free and raw vegan alternatives that would be just as simple. And you know me: I can deny you – my lovely readers – absolutely nothing. So here goes!
Not only is this paleo pie crust ready in a heartbeat, but you’ll need just three ingredients to make it! That’s one down compared to the oat-based crust I shared a few months ago. You could even make it work with two if you omit the vanilla extract. Yup, pie making just got from outrageously easy to total child’s play.
I also made sure this crust would be even more allergy- and special-diet-friendly than the previous one. There are no nuts, gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, oil or grains in it and if you make sure to buy raw sunflower seeds and skip the baking, you can make it entirely raw.
So what do you say? How about turning some of those fruits into a healthy & delicious pie this weekend? :) Get your food processor ready and let’s (un)bake! And don’t forget to tag me @winwinfood on Instagram if you give this a try!
- For a 6” to 7” pie or tart (bottom only, add about a third of all ingredients for a pie with edges)
- 1 cup (130 g) sunflower seeds
- 1 and ½ packed cups (200 g) whole dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (store-bought or homemade)
- For a 9” to 10” pie or tart (bottom only, add about a third of all ingredients for a pie with edges)
- 2 cups (260 g) sunflower seeds
- 3 packed cups (400 g) whole dates
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (store-bought or homemade)
- Preheat the oven to 350 (180 Celsius) and line a springform or a pie pan with parchment (skip this step if making the no bake version).
- Combine the sunflower seeds, dates and vanilla in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles wet crumbs and sticks together when pressed between your fingers.
- Press the crumbs into the prepared pan using the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes if making the baked version.
- You can also bake it together with the filling of choice of fill the crust with a no-bake filling after it’s baked and cooled.
- Or keep it raw and top or fill with whatever you like. I just like to throw some fresh fruit on and top with coconut whipped cream :)
You can pair this crust with just about any pie, tart or even cheesecake you feel like making. I especially love it in my apple pie and raw key lime pie! But most often than not, I just top it with fresh berries, pour over some healthy chocolate sauce and eat it with a spoon right out of the pan (because who needs fancy plates and silverware).
Feel free to add any spices or flavorings to match your filling of choice :)
View Paleo Pie Crust’s Nutritional Information
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase via these links, I earn a small commission that helps me run this blog while the price for your remains the same. Thank you so much for supporting me!